Monday, November 22, 2010

Kasuri Methi Aloo for T&T


Another beautiful blog is on T&T this week, well all blogs are beautiful and have good recipes, but from this blog you are sure to get some easy to make recipes and they will be yummy too. So this month is Priya's Blog Priya's Easy N Tasty Recipes is up for T&T which is being hosted by PJ of Seduce Your Tastebuds...., brainchild of Zlamushka and taken over by Lakshmi of Kitchen Chronicles.

I made this last week, when I was not at all in a mood to cook anything elaborate...I needed something which would be done in very less time. I went over few of her recipes and I choose this aloo dish which she has posted a long while ago.

The good thing is that I had kasuri methi in my pantry and aloo too. I love Methi Aloo and this recipe is a twist of it.
A good substitution would be adding fresh methi leaves, but why to do that when adding kasuri methi would also impart good flavor! and the dish would be cooked in very less time.
I baked my potatoes in the microwave instead of the stove top. The rest I followed exactly. Easy Peasy dish...go ahead and try it! It also makes for a easy potluck dish!

Recipe Source

Changes I made to the recipe:
3 large potatoes instead of 5,
potatoes baked in microwave,
used pinch of turmeric, cos I can't live without it! :))

Ingredients:
3 large potatoes (baked in Microwave)
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp red chilli powder
pinch of turmeric powder
1 tsp coriander or dhaniya powder
3 tbsp kasuri methi or dried methi leaves
1/2 tsp cumin or jeera seeds
salt to taste
1 tbsp oil

Method:

Bake potatoes in the microwave till cooked. Remove, let cool and peel. Chop into cubes.
In a kadhai, heat oil. Add crushed garlic and cumin seeds. Let them brown and splutter.
Add the onion and fry till translucent.
Add the cubed Potatoes and saute. Add the salt, chilli powder, turmeric and dhaniya powder. Mix well. Saute for about 5-7 minutes.
Add the Kasuri methi and saute for another couple of minutes and remove from heat.
Serve with Chapathi, roti or just with hot rice. Enjoy!!!

Verdict:
It was simple and easy dish to make and even tasted super yummy! I think I munched on the aloo a lot even before our dinner!
We had it along with coriander onion chutney from her blog and pappu Kattu.

15 comments:

  1. Smitha, looks soo yummy. Will prepare this dish. My younger sister is visiting me, so will prepare for them :-). Will let you know the outcome

    --Padma

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey great recipe ,looks yum...just need roti with it.
    Biny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for trying smitha, urs looks soo yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Umm delicious! I love this curry! Its got an intense appeal to it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yumm, love the kasuri methi!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice Choice. Recope sounds very flavour full looks yummm..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love this combo..perfect with hot poories :)..looking fab Smitha!

    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had some fresh methi at hand and a cauliflower so I substituted the potatoes for cauliflower and the dried methi for fresh methi ... came out yummilicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Smitha, tried this one when my younger sister's family visited us andcame out very good. They loved it :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hi Guys!!!...Please leave a comment!..I love and enjoy reading all your comments!...