Thursday, April 29, 2010

Neer More / Khara Lassi / Spiced up Buttermilk


In my house, sugar is prohibited to an extent...tho we still make so much sweet stuff, mostly my kids eat them if there is no spicy stuff (they like spicy stuff more), and we eat in moderation. So instead of sweet lassi, salt lassi is preferred in my house. Even my younger kiddo enjoys salted buttermilk if in the mood!!
This was my Bro's favorite too. He used to make it often. Its nice to sip on chilled spicy lassi on a hot summer day. You get the good benefits of yogurt and if you can't have sweet lassi, you can surely have this!
It is served as Khara lassi or Neer More in many restuarants.
This makes 2 servings in about 5 min.

Ingredients:

1 cup plain yogurt
1 cup water
4-5 green chillies
1 1/2 piece ginger, chopped
5-6 curry leaves
pinch of hing
2 tbsp coriander leaves
2 tbsp mint leaves
salt to taste

Method:

Grind all ingredients together with required salt. Serve over ice or chilled. Enjoy!!!



This is going to Srivalli from Cooking 4 all Seasons's 'Thanda Mela'.

5 comments:

Hi Guys!!!...Please leave a comment!..I love and enjoy reading all your comments!...