Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Mango Lassi


Mango Lassi is nothing but buttermilk with mango in it. If we were lucky enough to get real, fresh, ripe mangoes, I would have made it them. But as for now I settled with the substitute - Mango pulp in a tin :). Well thats the closest we can get to mangoes in pre-mango season or no mango season.
We as kids always have enjoyed sipping on this heavenly drink, now my kids enjoy mango lassi whenever they go to Indian restuarants and so I make it at home too, when the weather is there to enjoy it!
For the kids I would make it using plain yogurt and milk, but for us, yogurt and water. Since the mango pulp is already sweet, I add very less sugar, you can always add it according to your taste. A bit of cardamom powder, gives it a good flavor.
We gobbled it up as soon as it was made, I am sure you will too. It doesn't take much time to make so, making it fresh tastes surely better!

Ingredients:

1/2 cup Mango pulp
1/4 cup milk or water
1/4 cup yogurt
sugar to taste
a pinch of cardamom powder

Method:

Blend all ingredients in a grinder or mixie. If its too thick, add some more water or milk. Chill it or serve on ice, with or without a dollop of whipcream on it!!...Enjoy!!!



This is going to -
Srivalli from Cooking for all seasons's 'Thanda Mela'
Priya from Priya's Easy N Tasty recipes's 'Cooking with Cardamom Event'
Jyoti from Panch Pakwan's 'Mother's day event'
                         

5 comments:

Hi Guys!!!...Please leave a comment!..I love and enjoy reading all your comments!...