Saturday, January 15, 2011

Happy Pongal and Kite Flying with some old festival recipes posts

I hope everyone is having fun Kite flying. I do miss it a  lot from my childhood days...
We, friends from our apartments used to get on the terrace tops of our building and fly kites way into the night...flying even light kites...It used to be fun!!
Its so sad that my kids don't know much about kites, let alone how to fly kites...I will also have to explain to them if I start talking about light kites or night kites....I am sure you know what I mean.

Happy Pongal to everyone too along with Happy Sankranthi!....I was supposed to put that into my post yesterday, but I has in a hurry and just did the post!..
This Sankranthi, I didn't do much except for regular food, as I have a cold and shivers from yesterdays' ski trip....staying out so long in the cold in not my cup of tea!! But anyways I am glad my older son is having fun and I am able to do this for him.

Last year, my first few blog posts started with Sankranthi recipes...here is a flashback to their posts....these are recipes which I generally make during Sankranthi...So Happy Festival and Happy Eating everybody!

Chintapandu Pulihora
Ravva Kesari (halwa)
Masala chanaga vada / vadai
Halwa Poli (Stuffed Chapathis with Halwa)
Sweet pongal or Paramaannam




2 comments:

  1. hey smitha sending u & family festive greetings ! hope u recover asap !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummilious, awesome. this is my favorite sweet and so beautifully presented.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Guys!!!...Please leave a comment!..I love and enjoy reading all your comments!...