I was tagged by Nivedita of Nivedita's Kitchen way back in December while I was away from home and away from my computer for a little while.
Please visit her site for some lovely and yummy recipes which are fun and easy to make. Thanks Nivedita!!
It took me this long to actually put my answers in order and answering them really means to sit and think for a while about each question. These are question which we just skip in our day to day life and so it was rethinking them over :))
1. Are you a vegetarian, or have you thought about being one?
Not a vegetarian, I eat all (except beef and pork)....never thought of being one, cos I love to try new foods veg or non-veg
2. Who inspired you to cook or bake?
Learned to cook from my Mom...probably she is also the one who inspired me as I learned to cook. Now my inspiration comes from my friends, other beautiful blogs, the Food Network and my kids and hubby since they are my guinea pigs....:))
3. How do you celebrate Christmas?...or a favorite holiday of your choice?
Love to celebrate with family and friends! Do lot of cooking, eat a lot of yummy goodies and then take a long siesta!
4. Do you prefer to celebrate New Year's Eve with friends and/or family, or prefer to ring in the New Year quietly, and privately, at home?
I am not a stay home alone kind of person... like to party with family and friends at home or go out enjoy and have fun type of person! (its just too cold to do it tho!)
5. If someone were to ask you to bring dessert to a party, what would you bring? Store bought, or homemade, and if you were to make homemade, what would you make?
It has to be homemade except if I was sick or something, well then I wouldn't go to the party ;)
What would I make would depend on the party menu, something sweet since it a dessert...haha funny!!
6. How will you celebrate your next birthday?
Not much planning goes into my birthday...I only plan my hubby's or my kids... I wish they would start planning a party for me...
coming to celebrate part...usually go out for dinner if possible, nothing more! so nothing special!
7. Do you have a New Year's resolution-and will you be sticking to it?
New Year resolutions are meant to be broken...come on who really sticks to them?? like my never ending resolution to loose weight!...never could stick to it!
8. Do you time your breakfast, lunch & dinner or eat when you are hungry ?
On weekdays they are mostly at regular times....weekends everthing is laid back and hapazard!!
9. What inspired you to write a food blog ?
To write or not to write a food blog was a long thought in process...it took me nearly 3 months to figure my thoughts out! My friends encouraged me and then it started as a hobby to keep a collection of all the recipes I learned (from my Mom) and would learn in the due process of keeping this blog alive....I have been cooking for almost 12 years now for everyday and the joy to blog it up inspires me to keep up with my food blog. There were times in the beginning when I even thought of giving it up as I was not sure whether it was worth it....but now as I near my 200th blog post, I cherish each and every comment I recieve and am always eager to read and see if I got comments on my post! :)) So its the comments and encouraging words I recive which inspire me and help me get going! Thanx guys!!!
10. You try a new recipe and it does not turn out good,what will you do ?
I get disappointed and throw it in the trash!!....well then try it out again with a few tweaks here and there, until it comes out like I want it to be!!
11. Name three ingredients you consciously avoid or eliminate even when the recipe calls for it ?
Starch, carbohydrates and sweet...If you understand what I mean...
I try to follow the recipe as close as possible, only when and if the ingredients are not available, I eliminate the ingredients.
12. Name three things you have to use in most recipes ?
Garlic, turmeric and chilli powder
13. How important is eating meals together as a family to you?
Its quite important and I wish I could make that happen!
Since I cook for the family, I wish it would be eaten together....but that doesn't happen in our house as the kids eat before we do because of my hubby's work timings....eating together only happen when we go to India or to restuarants :) That's why we love going to restuarants (DON'T WE???...hahahaha)
She has some amazing posts and pictures....If you are like me, and get bored of cooking but love to oogle at food pictures....go to her blog and you shall be rewarded with stunning pictures!!