Thursday, August 12, 2010

Instant Peas fried rice - for kids!!!

If your kids like peas as much as my kids do, then this is the way to go!!
I feel like I am making this dish almost every other day and actually feeling good about it since my kids are eating it up!!...
Well I know why they are eating it up..its because there is nothing in it except some flavoring, peas and rice.....nothing for them to pull out and say ' I dont like this clove or cinamon!!'
The key is flavoring in powdered form. I have added some garam masala and a little bit of idli podi or chutney powder in the dish. Garam masala gives the fried rice taste and chutney powder give the sweet and sour to the dish!!! Thats it!! so simple...try it with any vegetable and I am sure it will be a HIT! I have tried it with lima beans too...I made it with no spice at all....you can always try it otherwise!
What better than making it with leftover rice too for a quick lunch!!??

Ingredients:

1 to 1 1/2 cup rice, cooked
1/2 cup peas
1/2 onion, chopped
5-6 curry leaves
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tbsp chutney or idli powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp chilli powder (optional)
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
salt to taste
1 tbsp oil

Method:

Heat oil in a pan, add the onions and curry leaves. After the onions cook a little, add the ginger-garlic paste and saute. Later add the rice along with the peas and saute them in. Add the chutney powder, turmeric, chilli powder, garam masala and mix it all in. Since rice is already cook and peas don't take much time to cook, you need to keep it on heat only for a few minutes. Garnish with chopped coriander if required. Serve hot with raita or yogurt. Enjoy!!!



This is going to Pari's 'Only' Kids Delight event on Foodelicious.

2 comments:

Hi Guys!!!...Please leave a comment!..I love and enjoy reading all your comments!...