Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Spicy Corn Fritters / Corn Pakoras or Pakodas



 Its going to be raining here for the next few days...Rain = winter in CA = kinda cold and chilly too... not pleasant at all...well better than winters in East coast, but East coast is having spring like weather right now!...Grass is always greener on the other side isn't it!

Whats better than to have spicy and crunchy pakodas during the rains...brings back memories of the childhoods days, wen we used to get the yummy pakoras or spicy mirchi bajjis whenever it rains. The days when we were in college, we used get settled by the canteen and have hot hot bajjis and enjoy! Oh I wish those days can come back again!

Well who says we cannot enjoy the yummy pakodis even now...I am always up for some of these yummy fritters anytime. This was sitting in my drafts for quite sometime now. I thought this was a perfect time to post this as I hear the rain drumming on the windows. All I need now is some soft music, bollywood style and I am all set.

Well I wish I had that kind of time to sit now. I will have to make do with the radio in the car as I drive my younger kid to his swimming class!
But you guys enjoy these yummy ones and make sure to parcel me some! :)




Ingredients:

1 cup Sweet corn kernels / Frozen or fresh (I used frozen)
1/2 cup besan / Chick pea flour / Chenagapindi
1/4 cup rice flour
1 small onion, chopped

1 tbsp ginger garlic paste




pinch of baking soda
1 tsp chili powder or masala karam

2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
little water as needed

Oil for deep fry

Method:

Thaw the frozen corn in some water and drain the water.
Take half of the corn and grind it into a coarse paste.
Mix the ungrounded corn and the ground corn with rest of the ingredients along with some water. It should not be runny, but should be thick enough to make small balls.
Heat oil in a kadai for deep frying.
Drop small balls of the mixture into the heated oil.
Fry them till they are golden brown. Remove on a paper napkin to drain off excess oil.
Serve hot with some spicy ketchup.
Enjoy!!!






Sending this off to Indian Food Palooza, hosted by, Prerna of Indian Simmer, Kathy of The Colors of Indian Cooking and Barbara of Creative Culinary.

25 comments:

  1. Pakoda looks so crispy. Nice snack recipe go with tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pic makes me hungry. Send some over to the eats coast.
    Love Ash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I m drooling over the fritters..summers hv already arrived here in mumbai n u r talking abt rainy season n pakoras..just love 2 sit back n enjoy d rain

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the colour, just want to have some right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. my kid love corn very much...looks yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow.. yummy pics... love the colors popping out of them... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks crispy and very tempting smitha :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. pakoras look so yummy and crunchy.. would love to be dere

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...these are perfect for this weather! They look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh.. The pakoras are awesome. Bookmarking this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow these do hit the spot a plateful of these and tea... mmm my idea of heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look fabulous!! Wish I had some right now

    ReplyDelete
  13. fritters looks really wonderful.iam this tastes awesoem...perfectly done.book marking.....
    Maha

    ReplyDelete
  14. the pic itself is making me hungry...drooling here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow.. Those look crispy & crunchy...Even I'm craving for some here..It's been rainy & chilled for past 2 days..

    ReplyDelete
  16. looks inviting smitha

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow, these fritters look so crispy! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Köszönöm! Ezt elkészítem itt Magyarországon!
    Thank you! This make here on the Hungary!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Guys!!!...Please leave a comment!..I love and enjoy reading all your comments!...