Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Mini Apple muffins in Microwave

I was in the mood of trying something new today. I also had to make something for MEC. So I decided to combine both of the ideas and here came microwave mini apple muffins. I wouldn't call this recipe a total hit or also a total flop. The muffins did come out tasty and yummy, but since they were made in the microwave, they didn't have the lovely brown color which we get from the conventional oven.
Other thing I would change would be cutting the apples even smaller.
The recipe is simple and easy. It didn't even take much microwave time since these were really small, mini muffins. So I used little maouunt of ingredients too.
I used the microwave on 50% power because, I wanted slow cooking to keep it moist and not dry out. My microwave is 1100watts.
It took 8 minutes on 50% power.
So please change the amount of ingredients when using different size baking pan and also the time varies.

I used a silicon mini muffin tray. Use anything microwavable.

Ingredients:

3/4 cup flour AP
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1tsp baking powder
2-3 tbsp butter
1/4 cup Apples. chopped (I used golden delicious variety)
2.5 oz apple juice
(adjust amount of juice to the consistency of the butter)






Method:

Mix all the ingredients together to make a batter. Adjust the amount of juice used to make batter. When using a silicon tray, you don't have to butter the tray.
Bake in the microwave for about 8 minutes on 50% power. Adjust accordingly. Check if totally cooked by inserting a tooth pick.
I cut the top sides to make them look neat, but you can leave them so too...
Cool on a cooling rack and serve when cool. Enjoy!!!


This is going to MEC - Fruits hosted by Nivedita's Kitchen started by Srivalli from Cooking 4 all seasons.

7 comments:

  1. HI Smitha,
    Thanks for the entry.
    Lovely muffins in M/W, going to try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow lovely muffins ..never made muffins on M/W ..thanks for sharing

    Satya
    http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soft n moist muffins..a quick, easy n yummy treat!

    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was easy for sure! thanx guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First time here...superb blog
    these muffins look so easy and really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats super cool,never thought muffins can be made in microwave...!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Guys!!!...Please leave a comment!..I love and enjoy reading all your comments!...